After a meeting with Brother Ed to gather input from trustees, deacons, teachers, children’s ministries, and other church members it was decided that there would be a “soft” reopening of morning worship services at Gethsemane Baptist beginning this Sunday, May 24, at 11 o’clock. Church members are welcome to attend, but should make reservations in advance by calling Brother Ed so space can be marked for social distancing.
What to expect:
- Facilities cleaned in advance.
- Ushers to open the vestibule entrance doors to minimize touching.
- One-way aisles. Enter the sanctuary on the right and exit on the left.
- Pews marked to allow for proper social distancing.
- Using no-touch procedures for offering, communion, etc.
- No hymn books to minimize touching objects.
- Plenty of hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, etc.
- No child care/nursery for the time being.
- Use of masks as appropriate/desired based on your circumstances.
A more “public” reopening will be held on Sunday morning, May 31.
Please note that for the time being:
- Sunday School lessons will continue to be broadcast on FaceBook Live at 5PM each Saturday and later posted on the church’s website.
- Sunday morning worship services will also be broadcast on FaceBook Live 11 a.m. as well as be open for in-person attendance so those who are not able to attend can still participate from home. Sermons videos will also be posted on the website for viewing later.
- Sunday evening services (except for May 24) and Wednesday evening Bible study will only be on FaceBook Live (not in-person) and on video on the church’s website.